Using machine learning to create intelligent financial products for emerging markets.
You would be working on a platform that uses machine learning and big data to build credit scores to optimize risk exposures and allow users to apply, receive and repay microloans through their smartphone.
- We are looking for a Data Scientist that will help discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data.
- Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems.
- Our most complex system is our risk model, your day to day will include feature generation and model training using machine learning techniques, developing A/B testing procedures, implementing automated model retraining and creating new projects based on your findings.
- You will be working with a small, but highly technical team.
- You will not be just an implementer, but a valued opinion at the table.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 3 years of recent hands-on coding and software design
- A track record of projects completed on time
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc.
- Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Experience with machine learning frameworks such as Scikit-Learn and Tensorflow
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, Matplotlib etc.
- Experience with relational databases such as Postgres, MySQL etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills are a bonus